How to make a lemon pound cake:
- 1⁄2cup butter, melted
- 1cup sugar
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2cups flour
- 1teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2cup milk
- 1⁄3cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4cup sugar
- Mix together 1 cup sugar and butter.
- Add eggs and 1 tablespoon of lemon juice; mix well.
- Add salt, flour, and baking powder to mixture.
- Add milk.
- Bake at 325°F in a well greased loaf pan for 1 hour,or until golden brown.
- Mix 1/3 cup lemon juice and 1/4 cup sugar.
- Use a toothpick to make holes in top of cake and drizzle lemon juice and sugar mixture over the top of the cake when removed from the oven.
- Serve warm or cool.